Wednesday 3 October 2007

Slow going

I divided my shades of green merino tops in half and predrafted strips of the different shades before spinning them in a repeating sequence. I'll do the same for the other half, but I'll vary the sequence. It should be quite interesting when plied.


Sorry to say that not much substantial progress has happened with any of my knitting. I've been adding a few rows here and there. That's one of the drawbacks of having several projects on the go at once. The ripple cushion is the one with most growth. You can start to see where I changed yarns from the dyed and then spun to the spun and then dyed (the 2 or 3 inches nearest the needle). I was a bit worried that this singles yarn would cause biasing, but there isn't a hint of it.
This is definitely an improvement on the biased neckband I had before. I worked a twisted rib back and forth, so now I have a seam to sew. I'll do the same for the other bands too when I get to them.

No comments: