Wednesday 17 October 2007

Textured hat done


The hat is done. I knitted it top down on two 7mm circulars. There wasn't enough yarn to do a turn up brim, but that would have made it too warm anyway. It's very organic looking and very warm. I'm going to reserve this for the coldest days yet to come. This yarn isn't quite Colinette Point 5 but it cost a lot less and it was fun to make.



I made a start on the Kaalund scarf and then ripped it out and started over with a different stitch pattern and different size needles (3.75mm) . This is a variation on feather and fan and it looks pretty good I think. Strangely, the colours in this are very similar to the cushion - different proportions, but similar. I'm obviously going through a yellow, orange and reddish purple phase.
I'm more than three quarters through the second clue of the Secret of the Stole, so should be done in time for Friday's instalment. This design seems to be mainly stocking stitch with lace motifs, rather then allover lace, which means it goes quite fast.

No comments: