Wednesday 10 October 2007

Finished objects





The bedsocks were done yesterday, the second short row heel went smoothly, so I'm a convert to the YO method whenever short rows are required. The first photo shows I'm more supple than I thought I was! These will be put to use straight away.


Dropping in to my LYS yesterday, I was pretty restrained, but this came home with me. It should make a pretty lacy scarf, maybe for a gift. If I can bear to part with it . It's Kaalund Classic Two wool in Guava. Each 50g ball has 356m. The knitted sample in the shop was soft and had lovely drape. I'll be looking for a pattern stitch for this soon. Further to my dilemma the other day, I cast on for the Secret of the Stole and have finished the first clue. I'm using some nameless mauve laceweight I have, I don't know the yardage, but I'm optimistic I have enough. No picture yet, but it's looking good. The long awaited cone of cashmere and silk blend should be mine tomorrow when I collect it from the sorting office. I missed the postman this morning, very annoying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

Love the bedsocks and your new yarn is just the prettiest color, but you know me, I do love variegated.

Hugs,

Nora