Sunday 28 October 2007

Finished Mitts

I finished the second one last night. They really are very warm and snuggly. They are the Maine Morning Mitts by Clara Parkes. I changed them slightly by knitting more rounds before the thumb opening, but otherwise the pattern was fine. They took 46g of my 100g ball of merino.

I've been swatching for another shawl, this time the Mysticwaters KAL, which looks as if it's going to be a nice design. I have some 2 ply superwash wool on cone (really for machine knitting) which feels a bit harsh, but softens up after washing to get rid of the spinning oil. I think the 3.25mm needles will be about right since I like the stocking stitch portions of lace to look reasonably solid.


I ended up navajo plying the remainder of the spun silk so I'm now trying to think of a way to use all of these.

No comments: