Friday 12 October 2007

Different effects

This is the completed first clue of the 'Secret of the Stole', the next clue was released earlier today. I'm using 3.75mm Addi lace needles and some anonymous wool laceweight I bought on eBay. I'm not using beads, I think that would be asking for trouble!




Pictures really are worth a thousand words. I'm still waiting to get a cushion pad, but here's the cover ready and waiting. The same fibre, very similar colours and each side completely different to look at. I really like the stripes, but the colour distribution of the second side surprised me with it's symmetry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

Same thing happens when I make the crocheted afghans, no skein of yarn works up the same. If you look at my pictures you'll see all kinds of patterns and I'm using the same stitch all the way through it.
Hugs,
Nora