Friday 26 October 2007

Plied silk and wool and Ravelry too.....

Clue 3 of Secret of the Stole is done, just in time for clue 4. It only measures about 26" long at the moment, so I think I'll be putting in the lengthening rows. This will mean I'll be late starting clue 5, 'cos I'm just not getting very much quality lace knitting time lately.

Here's the first of a pair of fingerless mitts knitted with the handspun and dyed superwash merino. I went up to 5.5mm needles because this yarn is very springy although the yardage suggested DK weight.

I've spun about a quarter of the silk caps and plied them with various colours of corriedale sliver.
There's still more left, it really goes a long way. Now I'm trying to work out what to make with it. There's about 145m altogether.

I got my Ravelry invite today and I've done the preliminary stuff, but it'll take a while for me to get up to speed with it. My name is YarnTinker which is quite appropriate since I almost never get away without tinking something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

I love the colors that you dyed and can't wait to see what you do with it. Now, the fingerless mittens are the greatest things, make great wrist warmers for typing on the computer, fingers are free, but the rest is covered.
Hugs,
Nora