Sunday 7 October 2007

Decisions, decisions

I plied the green merino and finished up with 190m of roughly DK weight. I think I should have put a bit more twist in when I plied it, but I'm happy with it overall.


I've finished a sock with a short row heel which is going to be a bedsock. It's not a conventional bedsock, but so long as it's warm I don't care. Now to knit the other one! I've used short rows now and again, but never got on well with wrapping and turning in sock heels, I'd miss the wraps or drop stitches and generally mess it up. This time I used the YO method and what a difference that made, I wish I'd tried it before. The yarn is pure wool Jojoland Rhythm worsted weight on 4.0mm needles.


I've been driving myself nuts by getting caught up in a couple of knitalongs, the Secret of Chrysopolis stole and Secret of the stole - both lace projects and so far as I can tell so far, quite different styles. I signed up quite late for both of these and am frustrated that the yarn I bought is held up in the postal strikes we have at the moment. I really don't know why I should even think I can cope with two more lace projects, but the temptation to do both is great.

1 comment:

woolydoodles said...

The green merino is beautiful. I tend to have a block with 'wrap and turn' so must have a go at YO.
The strike is doing my head in too but hopefully things will be sorted for the postal workers soon.
Take care
Mel x