Tuesday 30 October 2007

I have no willpower


What can I say? I cast on for the Mystic waters KAL. It looks very wrinkly until it's stretched out, as most lace does. The pattern is fairly dense with a lot of decreases and YOs per row. I haven't had to rip very much, mostly I've missed out the occasional YO which is pretty easy to fix once identified.

As a further example of my lack of willpower I ordered a set of KnitPicks Options needles and a couple of extra cables in longer lengths. It seems they are in stock, so I should get them this week.
I blame these lapses on the horrid cold and cough I've been suffering with the last ten days or so, I need something nice to compensate!

The top down alpaca/silk raglan sweater became a UFO once I realized just how saggy it was. The yarn is so soft and floppy that it needs seams to give it some stability. So, armed with the ball winder I went frogging. I have an idea, but I've yet to actually design it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

Willpower, what is that? When I find yarn on sale that I can use for afghans, I always buy it. Bought six skeins on Monday. LOL
The shawl is beautiful.
I hope you get feeling better real soon.
Hugs,
Nora

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.