Friday 7 September 2007

Still spinning the merino

Close to 50g of multicoloured merino, waiting to be plied with the grey, which is about half done. I seem to have ended up with several different shades of green, blue and red, some parts are single colour and some are stripey.







I used the small sample I made to try out a toe, its feels lovely and soft and I'm pleased with how the yarn knits up. I just hope I end up with enough, which is why I'm going to try toe up socks for the first time. I'd better get spinning the rest of the grey.


I went shopping this morning, and came back with some index cards and some labels. I read somewhere that it is important to keep samples of your singles, and finished yarns, in order to make more of the same in the future. I shall stick or staple short lengths of each to a card and write all pertinent information. Hopefully this will save a lot of hair tearing in the future. I also have a number of smallish sample skeins which I need to label before I forget what they are.


This arrived in the post this morning, it's my prize from a contest held in a Yahoo group I belong to. I was really surprised to have won! I'll have to look in the stash for some baby merino I know I have, I really must make some of these.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Aha so this is where you are! Spinning looks great Sue, and knitting up the toe like that, it will look great when its all done!

woolie wombat said...

ohh thanks for the tip about index cards sue, I have just got myself a spinning wheel so need all the help I can get :)
Ali-makapali

Sue said...

Glad I could be of service! I think it will be a real help to have a record like that.