Friday 14 September 2007

It's Blocking Friday




I finally had the time to block my mystery stole. I threaded crochet cotton through the long edges before I washed it, which helped a lot in the absence of blocking wires. I used an old duvet cover over a mattress to pin to. The cover is a stripey pattern, so very good for straight edges. I didn't stretch the lace too much or I would have had multiple scallops along the edges. It measures about 19 x 72 inches.


The sock is coming along well, just a bit more leg to do and then some ribbing. I started with 97g, so the little scales DH bought me for my birthday a couple of years ago will come in useful.

Here is my trial skein of spinning a thicker single. This is the vibrant pink corriedale which came with my drop spindle kit. It is somewhat thick and thin and a little bit overspun. This is a very quick way to use up sliver and to fill a bobbin.

2 comments:

woolie wombat said...

Sue your mystery stole is beautiful, I do like the symmetetrical version better than the wing version -ali (makapali-chers group)

Sue said...

Thanks Alison, I'm glad you like it. How is yours progressing?