Sunday 9 September 2007

Progress




Here we have it - 293m of two ply merino which I plan to knit into socks. I'm quite pleased with it, although there are a few parts which could be better. There are a couple of underplied sections, and I'm not sure why - maybe I lost count of the treadling. Anyway, it's the first handspun which I made with a purpose in mind, which is very satisfying. Since I've only had my wheel a couple of months, I think I'm doing okay. At the moment, it is drying and I should be able to wind it tomorrow. Something to look forward to...
Finally, I am on the home straight with the mystery stole, only about 20 rows to go and they're all getting shorter. I spent some of this afternoon on this, it needed peace and quiet for the necessary concentration, however, I was making more mistakes to start with than I usually do when watching TV at the same time. Why is that I wonder? Maybe I'm better at multitasking than I think!

No comments: