Tuesday 1 January 2008

It's 2008!

Now that the festivities are drawing to a close, maybe life will get back to normal. This would mean getting some more fibery things done, maybe. I haven't completely stopped knitting, but progress has been slow.

I knew the tree had to be useful for something beyond dropping needles everywhere! This is a facecloth in progress made with Rowan Handknit cotton. I'm using 4mm needles and it feels nice. My previous one has worn rather thin and stringlike, so it's high time I made a replacement. The pattern is from the Dishcloth Boutique. It's in the second column on the page, the Purled Ladder cloth.

Oblique is growing, the back is done and one front is just about ready for the increases above the waist. I managed to find a source of more yarn for this project, and three extra balls arrived just before Christmas (same dyelot), so I should have plenty now. It's Yarnela Meadow, which is 80% alpaca and 20% silk, and is not widely available.

I've even done a bit of crochet. This is the start of the Rosemary sweater from the fall issue of Interweave Crochet. The colour is a little bit more green than the picture shows. I've always wanted to make crochet garments which are wearable, stylish, not too holey and which aren't granny squares joined together. I like my jumpers to be decent when worn without a t-shirt underneath. No offense intended to those who like wearing large-scale net based garments or granny squares, but they aren't for me.

No comments: