Wednesday 30 January 2008

Half a FO


I just finished the first Waving Lace sock. It fits fine, so now I'd better cast on for the second one. This pattern gives a lot of visual interest for not much fancy stitchwork, it's amazing how much difference it makes having the yarn overs and decreases separated by a varying number of stitches. I followed the pattern exactly except for the top border where I did an extra couple of rows. I forgot to count rows and I think I prefer how it looks anyway.

I've been working hard on the Mysticwaters shawl, and I've just started clue 6. No picture because I put it back on a 60cm needle and it's all scrunched up.

Last weekend, I dyed some vintage 1oz skeins of grey 3 ply botany wool. From this,

to this.
The purple has come out somewhat shaded: believe it or not I was trying for a solid colour. Still, I'm not complaining. It looks great knitted up as the Secret of the Stole ii. I don't know when I think I'm going to get the time to work on it, but the temptation was too much. There are some lovely Knitalongs going on at the moment, but I'm trying not to start all of them, much as I'd like to.

In between all the frantic knitting I get to do laundry several times a week. I save up the machine washable wool items for a wool wash once there are enough of them to make it worthwhile. This basketful of socks and sweaters struck me as rather colourful, so here's a pic. These represent about of a third of all the handknit socks I've made over the last few years. It does seem from this that I mostly make brown or blue socks, but I do have some other colours too.

1 comment:

woolydoodles said...

Gorgeous colour of the yarn. It looks lovely for the Sosii!
Take care
Love n hugs
Mel x