Friday 18 January 2008

Plying takes longer than you think!



Here we have it, 455m, 106g of 2 ply superwash BFL. This is the most length I've managed yet. Even with the new high speed bobbins, the plying took a lot longer than I expected, but it was well worth it I think. The colours are even better in real life, and the yarn is beautifully soft.

I started a sock from the Favorite Socks book. It's the one on the cover, the Waving Lace design by Evelyn Clark. I'm using John Lewis own brand 4 ply which is 75% wool, 25% polyamide, in pink, on my 2.75mm Knitpicks circular (magic loop). It's going well, albeit I did have to frog a bit when I skipped a plain round once.
The fronts of Oblique are done, so now it's time for the sleeves. As a lot of other people have done I'm omitting the turned back cuffs, so I'm going to do a conventional cuff and shorten the sleeves a bit. Sleeves that are loose on the wrist don't stay pushed up when needed, which can be a nuisance at times.
Mystic Waters is progressing slowly, a row here and there. I'm about half way through clue 4 now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

I love the colors of the ply that you did yourself. What will you make with it? Looks like one of the yarns that I have here.
Your sock is lovely too, you do beautiful work.
Hugs,
Nora