Thursday 24 January 2008

Half way


I seem to have got a bit behind with my Mystic Water shawl. A lot of people have finished theirs, and some have even knit two of them. I just reached the point where I had to decide whether to make the smaller version, or the full size. When I pinned it out to measure it in order to predict the possible final sizes, it was about 26" to the point which would mean a finished size of either 30" or 37" approx. I decided to go with the larger size because I didn't want to omit the snowflake pattern which runs across the top edge of the shawl, and a 30" deep shawl isn't all that big. So I'm going to be plodding along for a while yet.

Oblique's sleeves are growing slowly. I'm doing them both at the same time, this way I won't have second sleeve syndrome and when they're done, it's just sewing up and the bands to do. With luck it'll be done in time for Spring.
My Waving Lace sock needs a few rounds frogging since I messed up the lace pattern after picking up the instep stitches. Silly me decided that I knew the pattern okay and that I didn't need to check the book. I should know better.

1 comment:

woolydoodles said...

Sue, your MW is gorgeous...don't stop now!
I love your yarn you spun in prev post too. The colours are beautiful.
Have a great weekend
Take care
Love n hugs
Mel x