Sunday 23 December 2007

It's been a busy time


Life has been rather hectic around here, and the knitting has suffered as a result. Apart from the seasonal preparations, the main setback was the writing off of our car as it sat parked outside our house. The lady who lives over the road had a bizarre parking incident with her car which resulted in collision with ours, and the subsequent writing off. The lady wasn't injured, just very shaken. So we've been searching for a replacement, which has taken much stamina and resilience. It's surprising how stressful this sort of thing can be.
Fortunately, we've found one, a couple of years newer and I really like it.


In knitting news, I started knitting Oblique with the frogged alpaca/ silk yarn. I'm past the start of the raglan shaping of the back now. I'm pleased with it so far and the size seems okay. It's going to need some serious blocking, especially the central lace pattern which seems to condense amazingly. Mystic Waters is taking some time out, until I can get some quiet time to concentrate on it, it isn't knitting to watch TV by. I'm nearly at the end of clue 3 of 8, so there's still plenty to do. Other than that the only thing actively on the needles is a simple stocking stitch sock.
My wheel has taken refuge in the back bedroom since the Christmas tree is now standing where it was. So, no spinning for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

Oh, that's too bad about the car, but glad you found a replacement. At least no one was hurt.
I love the Oblique sweater stitch. I really miss not knitting but I love seeing all your work.

Hugs and Merry Christmas,

Nora

Anonymous said...

WHAT no spinning? sacriledge lol what horrible news about your car, my sympathies -
regards woolie wombat

PS Happy New Year to you and your family