Thursday 7 February 2008

Plodding along


This last week, I only started one project, a CAL circular ripple afghan. This grows quite quickly when I actually work on it. It's further along than the picture now and it lies flat which is good.
All my other projects are in the plodding along phase, where nothing very exciting happens, except for the excitement of going from one clue to the next in the case of the KALs. I'm nearly to the raglan shaping on the Oblique sleeves, but I'm not sure just how much lengthwise stretch I'll get in wear which influences when I start the shaping. This alpaca and silk yarn is quite floppy, it drapes well, but I think it could sag. I suspect I'd better block the finished pieces and hang them up and see what happens. I'd rather get the sleeve length right.


Mystic Waters is at the end of clue 6. Some of the heavily patterned rows are taking nearly 20 minutes to do. This fine yarn needs so much care and it splits a bit too easily for my liking. Still, I've started this thing and I'm determined to finish it.

This picture is just of the middle section, it's too bunched up on the needle to show it any better. Note to self, I need a better background for pictures of this. It will probably show up better when its blocked, and the holes are bigger.

Secret of the Stole ii. I'm really liking this stole so far. The pattern isn't difficult and the thicker yarn is much easier to work with. It's 3 ply on a 3.75mm needle and it's going to be quite wide, it wouldn't have been difficult to have it falling off the ends of the 60cm (24") needle. I may have yardage issues with this, so I might be incorporating some of the shortening options. I'll do some weighing of yarn and knitting at the end of clue 2. This picture was taken half way through clue 2.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Sue! All your projects are SO beautiful, and it amazes me how you can keep so many going at once. I must work max 2 at once or I end up with nothing but endless mountains of WIPs!

Beautiful work, and inspiring to see. :D
Eve

Nautical Knitter said...

All of your projects look great! I am especially partial to the SOTS-II though!