Thursday 8 November 2007

Yarn for lace

I think I cracked it! Here is my small (balanced) skein of plied cashmere/merino. I know how many treadles to the foot length it needs to achieve balance. It's a lot. Eight. It's going to take ages, but it'll be worth it. This yarn is really soft and just the right thickness for lace knitting. I don't get on so well with the very fine yarns.


Clue 5 of Secret of the Stole is done just in time for the next clue tomorrow. Hopefully there will be some interesting patterning to do. I got a little fed up with all those bubbles. I think they look fine, they were just a bit repetitive to do.

Mystic waters is growing slowly, I'm about 2/3 through the second clue, and I'm going to need a much longer needle soon. Ah well, I suppose it's a good excuse to buy more Addi lace needles. It's a shame the Knitpicks set doesn't go down to 3.25mm or I could use them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time someone mentions the bubbles all I can think about is the song "Tiny bubbles" HAHA.

Your stoles look great!

woolie wombat said...

Ohhh, that looks yummy!

regards Ali