Wednesday 21 November 2007

Back to normal


Phew, it's been quite a week. The computer stuff is almost all sorted out now, thank goodness. I thought I'd include a picture of the motherboard for posterity. Apparently there used to be a component to the left of the black cylinder.

I've been dyeing some superwash Blue Faced Leicester fibres, with a view to creating another pair of socks. Not very imaginative, but I'm a bit short of ideas for small quantities of yarn. The thought of spinning enough for a sweater is daunting for me yet. This is beautifully soft, however the dye job didn't turn out quite like I anticipated, but never mind. At least I have something nice and colourful to spin now....

..unlike this cashmere/merino laceweight which I've been plying like crazy all week. I finally got to the end of my 100g and made a skein. Curly isn't it? It's drying now after being dunked in a strong detergent solution to get rid of the spinning oil - the water was filthy. I'm pleased to say that it looks pretty good and feels much softer for it.

The picture is a bit fuzzy, but I've got onto clue 7 of the Secret of the Stole, it's a very pleasant knit. The end is in sight now and then I'll have to concentrate on Mystic waters which is going a bit slower. I've just started clue 3 and the rows are getting longer which isn't a surprise, but it's amazing how long each one takes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo, just one more hint to go on the Secret of the Stole. Your's is beautiful!

woolydoodles said...

Great to see you back! Love the colours of the dyeing...where did you get 'superwash' BFL and the cash/merino if you don't mind me asking???
I'm about the same point on the MW and it is more difficult as it requires more concentration each row now!
Take care
Love
Mel x