Monday 26 November 2007

Secret of the Stole finished


It needs blocking, but it's done. I really enjoyed knitting this and I like it very much. I have no idea what the theme is at the moment, so I'll wait to find out after Friday. I only used just over 100g of the mystery yarn, so maybe I should overdye the rest and use it for something else. How many people use the same colour yarn for multiple lace projects? After all I still have the scarf from Victorian Lace Today to finish, using this same yarn.


I've been spinning the dyed BFL and it's going quite well. Since I seem to be getting rather thin singles, I've decided to go for a 3 ply, but not navajo plied which I find hard to be consistent with. One bobbin is done and I've started the second. This could end up being a muddy mess colourwise, but we'll see. If I don't get enough yardage for socks, I'll rethink my options.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing your stole! I love the color!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

What beautiful knitting you do and the stole is so pretty. Love the colors of the dyed yarn too.