Saturday 17 November 2007

I'm back - sort of

My life on the net came to an abrupt halt a week last Friday when my computer suffered catastrophic failure. The power supply went up with a bang and took the motherboard (and possibly other things) with it. The last week has been spent deciding what to get as replacements and then fitting everything and the upshot is that I have a newer, faster machine. Of course it needed a reinstall of everything, so I'm not done yet. Still I'm up and running which is great. I've been missing my online life and I didn't even get much knitting done which would have been some compensation. That said I did finish a sock earlier today, and the lace knitting is progressing: Secret of the Stole is nearly 75% done, and I finished clue 2 of Mystic waters.

I'm still looking for the camera software, so pictures next time hopefully.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aye! The announcement of the demise of your 'puter sends chills up my spine for some reason!!!!!!

Glad you're back up and running. :D
Eve