Sunday 6 April 2008

Will I never learn?

Despite having enough projects on the needles, I cast on the Mystic Light shawl using some wool from stash. The picture shows it 6 rows into clue 2. The yarn is botany 2 ply in Old Gold used double. I figured that the source of all light is the sun, therefore my shawl is sun coloured. I'm using 4.5mm Knitpicks options needles which are pointy enough for lace. The largest Addi lace needle I have is 4mm. I did hear a rumour that they are going to make some larger sizes, I'll have to investigate.


Secret of the stole ii or Savannah to give it it's proper name is just past half way done now. It's still an easy knit, but the element of surprise is lost now, so it's growing more slowly. The second half is just the first half reversed. I still like it and I'll keep doing a few rows here and there so it should be finished eventually. Being behind on a knitalong means that all the errors and problems have been ironed out for you, but you lose the surprise element.

No comments: