Sunday 13 April 2008

It's been a whole year...

....since I had my carpal tunnel release surgery. It was Friday the 13th April 2007. DH wasn't very happy with that date but superstition didn't get in the way of a successful surgery. I'm so glad I had it done. I was able to start knitting again within a week, which was marvellous.


I haven't really stopped since and for once I'm up to date with a KAL: Mystic Light is done up to the end of clue 3. I couldn't stretch it out very far for it's photo since it's getting a bit too big for the needle. I've just started the second balls of yarn which should mean it's half way done. Luckily I do have more of this yarn if it goes over estimate.


I had a little splurge last week on eBay. I bought this merino and tencel sock yarn and some undyed BFL laceweight. The sock yarn is in the colourway Devilishly red. There is 330m and I'm looking for a suitable pattern for it. It is very soft and has quite a lustre.

There is 1200m of laceweight here. I don't have anything in mind for this at the moment, but I plan to dye it when I find a project for it.

What with pressing on with Mystic Light, the only other thing to report is the completion of the first Charade sock. I've cast on the second and I amazed myself by remembering how to do the old Norwegian cast on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

woolydoodles said...

Your shawl is beautiful.
I didnt realise you had had surgery last year...look how far you've come since then tho' with all the spinning, dyeing and knitting you do! good on you!
Where did you get the sock yarn from(and undyed lace weight)? I dont think I've ever seen those colours.,,they're gorgeous.
take care
Love n hugs
Mel x