Monday 25 February 2008

Just need to get some buttons


Well, Oblique is finished and it fits me okay. I'll have to try and get a modelled shot once I get some buttons. The sleeve length is fine thank goodness and I even had yarn left over from the 13 balls I started with. I'm thinking there might be enough for a pair of fingerless gloves. I enjoyed knitting this although I would consider knitting it in one piece if I was going to do it again. Seaming the moss stitch was quite tricky and I don't know why, I've sewn an awful lot of mattress stitch seams over the years, but this had me struggling.


Mystic Waters is also finished and waiting for blocking. I need to find time for that soon. The edging took ages and I put my first lifeline of the project through the final row before the edging. It would have been so easy to have the stitches fall off the needle while turning for each small row of edging. That possibility didn't bear thinking about.
I weighed it out of curiosity and it weighs 99.9g, so I used 903m. The 2 ply Forsell wool is 2258m per 250g cone. I used a 3.25mm Addi lace needle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

Your sweater and Mystic Waters are beautiful. I don't know how you have the patience to work with fine yarn like that. I hope you post the pictures on Yarners for everyone to see.
Hugs,
Nora