Thursday 28 February 2008

The FOs are coming thick and fast

The Waving Lace socks are done now. I made a few slight modifications to suit my foot shape. Apart from the extra couple of rows in the cuff, I did fewer heelflap rows and only decreased the toe stitches down to 23 instead of 12. I don't think very pointy toes fit me very well.


I've been tempted to do some more dyeing of the superwash BFL fibre I have in the stash, and before I do, I thought it would be a good idea to try knitting up some of the yarn I had already spun and have also been thinking about what to make with the purpley hand spun BFL I finished a while back. There is 450m and ever since I saw the Swallowtail shawl, I've been wanting to knit it. I finally got hold of the relevant issue of Interweave Knits (Fall '06) so I've cast on. I know that variegated yarns and lace don't always mix, but I'm hoping this will work out. Any stripes will be thinner as the rows get longer, but then I spun this yarn totally randomly, so it's not terribly predictable. Here's hoping...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

That Swallowtail Shawl is going to be beautiful and I love the way the colors are working up, but then again you know I love variegated colors. You did a great job of dying it.

Hugs,
Nora