Saturday 23 August 2008

It's a bit bright

The BFL I dyed a couple of weeks ago has been transformed into this.


It's 219m of 2 ply weighing approx 100g, thicker than I anticipated so I don't think it will become socks, maybe a scarf. It's very soft, so well suited to that use. I did have to cheat a bit when plying because there were differences in thickness and therefore length between the two bobbins, so I removed and added lengths of colour from one single or the other in order to align the colour changes a bit better. Next time, I think I'll try to spin thin and navajo ply.
So far, my favourite dyeing and spinning experiment was the one where I dyed two different, but harmonising colourways, spun each into a single and then plied them. This gave rise to my Swallowtail shawl and it's still my favourite FO from recent times.


This curiosity is half a slice of cheese on toast. Originally, it was leaning in an A shape with another piece, and remained standing when the other piece was removed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

I don't think it's a bit bright, I love it and it will make up into an interesting scarf that a child would love. You know me and the variegated colors, love them.

Hugs,

Nora