Tuesday 11 December 2007

Three ply


Well I finally found the time to ply the BFL and now have a 3 ply, 250m skein which is really soft and lovely. I overplied on purpose until it looked right to my eye, and it has balanced with washing. I've found that if I ply a balanced yarn, it usually looks underdone to me. Hence the overplying this time. This may have to marinate in the stash for a while until I decide what to make with it. It seems a shame to hide it on my feet as socks, even if there is enough.


Finished! One hat, scarf and mittens set. Not quite matching in style, but very colour coordinated. The hat was spun thick and thin singles BFL, dyed after spinning, and the mitts and scarf are both 2 ply from the same 100g of superwash merino which I dyed before spinning. The scarf is a simple chequered pattern, easy to do and it lies flat.

1 comment:

woolydoodles said...

They're gorgeous Sue. I love it when I knit something in my handspun, it gives me a real buzz!!!
Take care
Love n hugs
Mel x