Monday 2 June 2008

More alpaca to spin


Why do I do it? Not content with having nearly enough mid brown alpaca spun up to knit a sweater or jacket, I've gone and bought 500g each of two other colours of alpaca fibre to contrast with it. So now I have some dark brown and some white as well. I've made a start on the dark brown, the picture is 50g of singles. In addition I spun some more of the dark chestnut fleece I bought last year.

This is over 120g and 222m of roughly aran weight. Once I get the other two colours done, I'll have to get designing. I'm going to have to find some willpower from somewhere, because I also want to dye and spin some BFL for socks.


The Charade variation socks are finished. They fit fine and I'm happy with them. I'm still not too fond of short row heels, but at least I know I can do them if I want. These were knitted on a 2.5mm circular needle with 72 stitches.

Lace knitting has had a little break since I finished Secret of the stole ii about a week ago. It isn't blocked yet, so no picture. The weather is so damp and dull, it would take forever to dry. Still, the chart for Mystic Meadows was released today, and I cast on. It looks promising so far, but there isn't much to see yet.

Having dithered about Jewel, I finally opted to rip back far enough to change it to a smaller size. It seems that a couple of inches of positive ease was too much, so now I'm aiming for no ease at all. This seems to actually fit quite nicely and with just a few more rounds on the body to do, I'll soon be on the sleeves.

No comments: