Tuesday 16 March 2010

Overshot


It amazed me when I measured the fabric I'd woven for some armchair arm protectors when the sizes matched precisely. Maybe I'm getting more consistent in my beating. This is overshot on 4 shafts and there are two pairs each with a different pattern. I'm so glad I bought a walking foot for my sewing machine, because it makes hemming so much easier.

The warp and tabby weft are 3/14 combed cotton and the pattern weft is no.5 perle cotton. 20 epi and 40 ppi.

Finally, a picture of the most recent socks in progress, plain stocking stitch on 2.75mm needles. The yarn is 4 Seasons, but I can't find the ball band for any more details.

The Snow Queen shawl is making steady progress, I'm now nearly one third through chart F.

1 comment:

Nora from the North said...

Hi Sue,

I don't know how I missed the arm protectors but I did and I can't believe you made them as they are lovely, much nicer then what you can buy in stores now days.

Love the sock too.

Hugs,
Nora