Friday 24 October 2008

Decision making

For the last few days, the only thing I've knitted has been a sock. This is 72 sts on a 2.5mm Addi lace needle in a 4+2 garter rib pattern, using the hand dyed sock yarn left over from my Mystic Meadows shawl.

I've been trying to find the perfect sweater project since I finished two sweaters nearly at the same time recently. I've been looking through books and magazines and Ravelry, and I think I've narrowed it down to two. This could change at any time though. The next thing is to swatch and see if I like the fabric in the yarns I'm thinking of using, one is handspun alpaca and the other is a wool rich DK.

Other than that, I've been playing with a peg loom I made. This is just the trial version of it, I've got a lovely piece of oak for the real thing, but I wanted to try out the spacing of the pegs first.

I started out with strips of the carded fibre that has a lot of noils and neps which makes a lovely squishy fabric, and then I lightly spun some of the same and tried that. I think I might try felting the result. It could be a good way to use up some of the not so good fibre I have. I fancy trying to make a rug at some point.

I managed to get a mirror shot of the Cabled Spiral sweater, the colour is a little yellowed, but it shows the fit pretty well. This is a very cosy garment, the Sirdar Salsa (merino and acrylic) is very soft and not at all itchy.

No comments: