Monday 22 September 2008

Spinning without a plan

It would help if I could decide what I wanted to use the resultant yarn for when I set out to do some spinning. Sometimes, though it is better to see how the fibre behaves spun thick or thin and take it from there. It's no fun battling with it, much better to go along with it. These English wool tops fall into this category being better suited to a fairly thick single.

This is 225m of 3 ply weighing 158g. There is also a small amount of 2 ply in the same colours and 135m of 2 ply in the heather colourway weighing 80g.

I still have the same amount to do again from the last dyeing session, the red and green. I'm not getting a very even result with this yarn, but hopefully it will look okay knitted up.

The cabled spiral sweater is progressing, I'm up to the yoke now - picture next time when there will be cables.

1 comment:

woolie wombat said...

Hehe I never have plans when I spin, I think the fibre will tell you what it wants to be thick or thin besides the stuff I produce still seems to be thick and thin......

regards Wooliewombat